You are hereHome › OPP
The Ontario Provincial Police provides all policing requirements for the Township of Hamilton. Some of the areas that are covered include:
- Crime prevention, law enforcement, assistance to victims of crime, public order maintenance and emergency response policing on a 24-hour, 365 days-a-year basis;
- Operation on a community-oriented service model, supervised through the no
Normal chain of command of the Ontario Provincial Police.
- Specialized policing services including investigative services, identification services, court liaison/victim assistance, canine, emergency response, police communication and educational programs;
- Cottage Check Program;
- Crime prevention and routine property checks in the off season;
- Foot and Bicycle Patrols (This will be done during peak seasons in the urbanized areas of the Township);
- After hour business premises check; and
- R.I.D.E. Program.
Telephone Contact Information:
OPP EMERGENCY PHONE:
Emergency TTY device for deaf 1 888 310-1133
OPP Provincial Communication Centre 1 888 310-1122
OPP Northumberland Detachment - Cobourg Site
Monday - Friday
1165 Division Street, Cobourg (Hwy 401 & County Road #45)
HAMILTON TOWNSHIP POLICE SERVICES BOARD
Visit their website at http://www.hamiltontownshippsb.ca/
SCHEDULE OF MEETINGS FOR 2014 - Start time 9:30 a.m.
January 15(1:30 pm); February 27; March 27; April 24; May 15; June 26; No meeting in July & August ; September 4; October 9; November 27; December 18.
Two upcoming Vacancies on Township of Hamilton Police Services Board- details and application form
Residents who are interested in the positions may apply online or fax their completed application to he Public Appointments Secretariat @ 416-327-2633 application form for faxing
HAMILTON TOWNSHIP COMMUNITY POLICING VOLUNTEER COMMITTEE
Mission Statement:To form a partnership between the community of The Township of Hamilton and The Ontario Provincial Police (OPP)Northumberland Detachment.
Goals: To be a voice for the community for a safe environment.
To identify community and individual concerns of safety and security.
To address the concerns and implement solutions together.
Committee meetings are held at the Municipal Office on the 4th Thursday of each month at 7:00 p.m. or as otherwise posted.